Telling us you’re not happy

If we ever make a mistake or do something wrong, please let us know about it straight away. We will aim to fix it the first
time we hear from you.

Our complaints procedure works like this:

You get in touch

To tell us what has gone wrong, you can call us on 0800 408 6716, fill in the web form,
or write us a letter. However you want to get in touch, we want to hear from you.
Once we know what’s happened, we’ll do everything we can to put it right within five working days.


If you are still not happy

If we can’t fix it straight away, our Complaints team will call you to talk to you in more detail about what is going on, and
work with you to sort it out. If they can’t get hold of you on the phone they will send you an email or letter within five working
We will then follow up with you to see if you think the issue has been resolved. If not, you can choose between asking us to
look into things again and getting our ‘final response’ (sometimes called a deadlock letter). This means we haven’t been
able to resolve things for you. In it, we’ll recap what has happened and what we have suggested, and give you contact
details for the Energy Ombudsman.


How the Energy Ombudsman can help

The Energy Ombudsman is an independent organisation which you can ask to pick things up for you, for free, once you’ve had our final response (or if it’s eight weeks since you complained and we still haven’t fixed things). If they decide that we should do something for you, we legally have to do it (but if they think there is something you should do, you don’t have to
go with their decision).


Our complaints process summary

We will aim to sort things out as fast as we can - within five working day or, if it’s something a bit more complicated, within
eight weeks.

1) As part of that, we will do some or all of these:
2) Give you an explanation
3) Do everything we can to put things right
4) Give you compensation (if it’s appropriate)

We want you to be happy with what we’ve done. If you are not, or we don’t fix things within eight weeks, you can get in
touch with the Energy Ombudsman who will take it from there.